SourceMark®2-octyl Cyanoacrylate Skin Affix™
- Skin Affix™ is a sterile, high viscosity liquid topical skin adhesive used to close simple lacerations, wounds and minimally invasive surgical procedures.
- It is comprised of a proprietary 2 octyl- cyanoacrylate which polymerizes within minutes for secure and strong wound closure.
- Skin Affix™ can replace sutures that are 5-0 or smaller in diameter for minimally invasive surgical incisions or simple trauma lacerations.
- Designed to save time during wound repair, provide a flexible, water-resistant, microbial barrier, and eliminate the need for suture removal.
- The applicator is designed to provide versatile coverage with less adhesive material, and the dark violet tint makes application easy.
- The hollow tip design offers prolonged use (no “race against the clock”) to increase efficiency in the OR/ER and reduce wasted adhesive.
- Skin Affix™ is water resistant and will remain on the skin for 5-10 days and will slough off naturally for greater patient comfort.
- Be sure to provide patient with instructions to properly care for their wound
See results with our Skin Affix™ product:
A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is a document that contains information on the potential health effects of exposure to chemicals, or other potentially dangerous substances, and on safe working procedures when handling chemical products.
One of the major changes that workplaces will see under OSHA’s new Hazcom 2012 regulations has to do with Material Safety Data Sheets. OSHA has decided to align their requirements with the UN’s Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) Safety Data Sheet (SDS) preparation requirements. What industry has historically called a Material Safety Data Sheet, or MSDS, will now be referred to as simply a Safety Data Sheet, or SDS.